Soft tissue sarcoma is a cancer that initiate from any abnormal growth of cells of body tissue, which subsequently occur spread to another parts of the body. That body parts may include muscle, bone, blood vessel, nerves, fat, deep layer of skin, joints or any connective tissue.
There are numerous types of soft tissue sarcoma, which can be found in both adults and children. Such tumour becomes difficult to catch because usually it is mistaken for other resembling symptoms, but once it is diagnosed well, it can be treated.
Types of Soft Tissue Sarcoma:
There are nearly 50 different types of soft tissue sarcoma, among which, a few are mentioned below.
- Adult fibrosarcoma
- Angiosarcoma ( arising from blood vessels)
- Epithelioid sarcoma ( arising from epithelial cells)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) ( arising from cell lining of gastrointestinal tract)
- Kaposi sarcoma
Signs and Symptoms of Soft Tissue Sarcoma:
The initial symptoms of it can be limited to swelling or pain, but if anything goes beyond that then one should immediately see a doctor.
- Visible swelling/ lump
- Pain, if a tumour presses on nerves or muscles
- Black and bloody stool of this arises in gastrointestinal tract
- Pain in the abdomen or pelvis
- Symptoms of compression of adjacent organs
- Restriction of joint movements of occurring at joints
- Abnormal large visible lumps
Treatment for Soft Tissue Sarcoma:
There are many factors which help in deciding the best treatment for soft tissue sarcoma, including the size and type of it. Although, surgery is the most common method to cure this disease, but some of them can be treated with chemotherapy and radiation depending upon the size , location and character of the tissue involved. The results after survey are good and large tumours are usually given post operative radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
To know more consult our team of Best team of Surgeons at Surgeons House Limited (SHL) available at global locations.Please link this link for more details.